Thursday 15 April 2010

DAVID MILLS: THE INDEPENDENT OBITUARY

My obituary of the television writer David Mills is in today's Independent; you can link to it here. Mills didn't just write for, but was crucial to, some of the best television programmes ever, and in the collaborative business that is TV, he was, as George Pelecanos suggested, a catalyst for other writers. He seems to have been particularly well balanced with David Simon.

I wish I'd discovered his Undercover Black Man blog earlier; it's fascinating writing. You can link to it here or via the links section of this blog; the final posting, from Mills' nephew, is very moving. Mills' postings on the white supremacist web site American Renaissance are revealing, and ironically he was going to call himself 'Undercover Negro', but AmRen's posting etiquette prohibited his using the word!

2 comments :

Unknown said...

i have gone through this blog. i am a kinda net savvy person. so nowadays im doing some online business and this blog is doing great for me.

study and earn

J Breaking News said...

These are my blogs that I regularly update:

J Breaking News
Blogspot SEO
Watch TV Show Episodes
Jurich blog
UFC 116 Results